I suggest you ...

CSS editor for advanced users

A tool to allow for editing css files that your make what to expose to some of the more advanced users. Without having to give ftp access.

30 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminGabe Sumner (Admin, sitefinity) responded  · 

Planned for Sitefinity 4.0 or 4.1. This feature will not be delivered with the upcoming BETA. This feature will provide power users with the ability to update their CSS in the administration interface They will be able to preview the changes and apply them. Access to this feature can be restricted using permissions.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Marktold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once again great.

However having the ability to change stuff on the server makes it possible to overwrite it with stuff from local developent.

For that reason I would alos like to see here some form of backup file, when chaning.

I would like to see for all the files you change on the server and alos have on the local development (web.config and so on) that changes would automatically save a backup copy.

It's not a programming problem but a - oh now how could I do it again - problem.

But maybe it's easy for you to implement and would come in handy once in a while. And I assume some out there have overwritten files :-)

• Steve Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be cool to have a button in the RADeditor toolbar that when clicked, brought in a custom defined CSS file that the RadEditor window would allow you to edit. ... and add a tab for it at the bottom of the editor window, next to html button and call the tab CSS. Now that would be cool! O, and the CSS definitions would also show up in the drop down. :-)

Feedback and Knowledge Base